Terms and Conditions of Sale
Payment of Order
- Customers are required to pay a 50% deposit before Bridal Gossip can order any item.
- No goods may be removed from the premises until full payment of the order has been fulfilled.
- We do not accept cheques. A 1.5% charge will be applied to credit card payments. No additional charges on debit card payments.
All Gowns & Accessories remain the property of Bridal Gossip until paid for in full.
- Customers should retain their sales contract, and any other receipts as proof of purchase, and be sure to have read this TERMS AND CONDITIONS NOTICE and fully understand its requirements.
- All items purchased are non-returnable/refundable.
- If your order has not been collected and paid for within 14 days of sending notification of arrival, a fee may be invoiced to cover additional costs. If items are still not collected within 2 months of notification, it will be deemed that you have cancelled the contract.
- Sample gowns are not always available in store due to turnover of stock, therefore please be aware that your chosen wedding gown may not be available to try during every visit.
Cancellation of Orders
- Customers who cancel their sales contract are NOT entitled to a refund of ANY monies already paid up to and including the cancellation date. Please be aware that once gowns, veils and accessories are ordered minimum cancellation periods from suppliers apply to Bridal Gossip and under NO circumstances can this be changed.
Dress orders will still have to be paid for in FULL, if the wedding is cancelled for whatever reason, costs will still be incurred to the suppliers and to Bridal Gossip – regardless of ANY circumstance.
- For reasons of hygiene ALL accessories (tiaras, hair slides, fascinators, earrings, necklaces, jewellery etc) – including shoes, which have been removed from the premises once paid for cannot be refunded or exchanged.
- It is the wearer’s responsibility to book an appointment for measurements approximately 8 months prior to wear date unless otherwise advised. Bridal Gossip will not remind you to book this appointment.
- Gowns are ordered in standard sizes. Please be aware that gown sizes are different to that of high street sizes.
- A number of our designers are based over seas therefore goods will be ordered in UK sizing but the garment will have the overseas sizing tagged in the inside of the dress which will always read at least one size smaller than the UK size ordered.
Please note: Gown’s are MADE TO ORDER ACCORDING TO THE DESIGNERS GUIDELINES.
- We request that you wear the bra/corset that you intend to wear beneath your wedding gown for measurements.
After the sales order contract has been signed and order placed, Bridal Gossip cannot and will not accept any responsibility in respect of any changes, which may occur in the customers size and body shape.
Delivery and Collection
- The price of garments EXCLUDES all costs in respect of alterations or fitting work however, this service is provided independently.
- Gowns are designed to be worn with underwear, a suitably structured bra/lingerie is advisable but at the customers personal choice.
- Bridal Gossip do not offer an alteration service but can provide details of a local seamstress who is self employed and independent of Bridal Gossip. Bridal Gossip is not responsible for any work carried out by any seamstress.
- Advice taken from your bridal consultant during your visit is a suggestion only and Bridal Gossip cannot be held responsible. It is the wearer’s final decision to take these suggestions.
- Customers are asked to settle any balance on delivery, you will be notified via email, please ensure that you have saved the given email address.
Balances MUST be settled BEFORE any purchase leaves the shop.
- Advice taken from the alteration specialist is also taken at the customers own risk and personal choice, the specialist cannot be held responsible for any decisions made about the alteration of any garment which are deemed unsatisfactory after any alterations are completed, if the customer requested them.
- Bridal Gossip cannot accept responsibility for any works undertaken by any seamstress.
- Bridal Gossip is unable to guarantee fabric swatch matches with in store garments due to fabric changes. Swatches should be regarded as indication only. This applies to all fabrics, laces, beading and any other trimmings or embellishments.
- It is your sole responsibility on final choice of colour and Bridal Gossip cannot be held accountable for this decision.
- Should the store breach its obligations under this agreement its liability is limited to any direct loss incurred by the customer arising from such breach.
The store will NOT be liable for any breaches caused by circumstances outside Bridal Gossip control including but not restricted to acts of God, war, riot, terrorism, malicious damage, fire, flood or storm.
Refunds and Exchange Policy
- We operate a No Refund & Exchange policy – once you have ordered there is no option to refund or exchange.
- All brides – by paying your deposit you are thereby adhering to these terms and conditions.
- By paying your final invoice you are also acknowledging and accepting these terms and conditions.
It is your responsibility to read these terms and conditions before proceeding.